1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My 3 month old silkies have runny nose...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lisa0318, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Lisa0318

Lisa0318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    I have a mix flock of silkies, bantam and standard brahmas, bantam cochines, rhode island's, buff's, seremas, Frizzles. they all free range and have their huge coop to go in at nite. So my Four blue silkies, One frizzle and two rhode island red's have runny nose, sneezing and foul smell coming from their nose [​IMG] , they are about 3 month old and are eating and drinking normal, their poo is normal too, they just seem to have these simptoms for the past two or three day's and none of the rest seem to have these symptoms. Should i separate the sick ones and treat them? or should i just treat the entire flock since they all do sleep together. Please any advice is welcome and a have never had this problem before so im not sure how to handle it correctly or how to treat it [​IMG] . thank you

2. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    IS face or eyes swollen?Do a search on here.go to the top of the page where it says search and type in runny nose with smell and go from there untill you get all the symtoms that your birds have.

3. Lisa0318

Lisa0318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    Thank you so much i will look in to it as i type now.
    Quote:

4. ebenavides5

ebenavides5 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2011
  5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:x2 The foul odor coming from their noses is associated with Infectious Coryza. Here's another link, scroll down to "Infectious Coryza" and read about it if you wish.
    http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by