My 3 new hens :D *Lots Of Pics*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TimBaumann, Oct 10, 2012.

1. TimBaumann

TimBaumann Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2012
    Namibia
    A friend of mine lives on a farm and her mom keeps chicken. After weeks of constant nagging she finally asked her mom for some and they sold me 3 hens each N$20 ( Namibian dollars) which is about 2.3 US dollars. I got them last Sunday and they already made my mom drive me around the entire block of houses and run around the garden. First we put them into a smaller part of our garden to keep them away from my bantam rooster and his hen. I thought a 2m high wall would be enough to keep them separated but the rooster proved me wrong. He flew over it and chased the hens around. He did this twice when until I realized that I had to build them a proper mini enclosure so that the roo and his hen can see them but not get to them! So me and my mom fenced off a area of the garden with chicken mesh. This worked great until today my mom woke me up at 7:00am telling me that one of the new hens was missing. I searched everywhere but couldn't find her. We thought that maybe the rooster had chased her out of the back yard either onto the roof of our neighbors or into the dogs yard. I climbed up the wall and couldn't find her so we drove around our lock twice but still nothing! But then while I was on my way up the wall again I found her sitting behind a flower pot. [​IMG] I felt pretty stupid but I was soooo glad that I found her! Here they are: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This one is my favorite! She is so sweet and her head looks like tat of a eagle!
    [​IMG]
    This is the one that got out. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Naughty birds! LOL Very cute. And yup... looks like an eagle tat.

3. TimBaumann

Apr 8, 2012
    Namibia
    oh also if you happen to know what breed they might be or be related to don't hesitate to tell! :D

4. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    One, the barred looking one, looks like a penedescenca. Is that how you spell it? lol

5. TimBaumann

Apr 8, 2012
    Namibia
    Yeah but I heard that penedasenca lay dark brown egg! The people I got those from lay normal light brown eggs! Any more suggestions?

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Congratulations on your new birds! They'll love taking sand baths!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by