My 3 week old wyandottes look weird

Thanks for understanding! sorry - I can't even figure out how to post to the right post! This was to Ol' Rooster

Last edited:
No, they're not bleeding anywhere. They're eating the "chick starter". Could the little white flakes be any clue? My orps and keets "itch" at themselves some when the feathering process
starts, I just don't remember if it was this much.

TY!

Good morning - first, I'd like to say I'm really a nice person! I did not understand the "wait for 10 posts to be able to post pictures".
And it'd been a long day and I was really freaking out about my babies - sorry if I came across as rude.

Now, yes ma'm, mmtm4 - that may be just what it is. My wyandottes are golden laced, so their feathers are dark while yours
look much lighter in color, but the "bareness" seems comparable. Do yours pull at their feathers and preen alot? That's got me
worried also.

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions - this is what I'd always heard BYC folks were like!
smile.png

yes, they do. They are not pulling them out, just preening. I am very new to this chicken stuff, too and worry about every little peep, lol! We can learn together!

Thanks for understanding!

No, they're not bleeding anywhere. They're eating the "chick starter". Could the little white flakes be any clue? My orps and keets "itch" at themselves some when the feathering process
starts, I just don't remember if it was this much.

TY!

And they don't appear to be eating them, just more like preening.

yes, they do. They are not pulling them out, just preening. I am very new to this chicken stuff, too and worry about every little peep, lol! We can learn together!

LOL! Just when I think I've got the hang of something.....!

Sorry I did mean you have to comment 10 times before you can post pictures ... I was typing fast and didnt really reread before I clicked submit lol sorry about that confusion =S you can comment on any of the other posts .. even to just say AWW thats a cute chick .. ect .. sorry again for my typing errors lol ..

Back
Top Bottom