1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My 3 year-old is addicted too! *UPDATED on pg. 2*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, May 6, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I need to start this with a little back round information, so it will make sense. [​IMG]

Before we had my coop done, I was keeping my brooder in the kids bathroom. (I also liked the comfort of having my new babies in our house nice and secure!) I moved my RIR's out to the new coop several weeks ago and three days ago I moved the rest of my chicks out. The bathroom is really quite empty without those little peepers in there. [​IMG]

Now, for the story!

My three year-old daughter has this thing going that she can't go potty without someone going with her. She came running into the house last night doing the pee-pee dance and announced that she needed to go potty. I rushed her back to the kids bathroom and as soon as we walked in the door she said in a sad tone, "Oh... this is so sad. Can we get more mommy?" I couldn't help but grin! I told my DH that my precious little DD was sad about all of the chicks being out in the coop and that I was going to have to get more for the kids bathroom. Of course he just looked at me and said, "You're crazy!" [​IMG] I have to agree! I'm crazy about these peepers!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  2. M.J

M.J Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Maryland
    aw lol thats cute now you have an assistant;) to help you with the chickens [​IMG]

3. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh she helps alright! She has to be in the middle of everything I do with the chicks! [​IMG]

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Maybe she needs her own "potty chick"? that is so cute!! [​IMG]

5. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Thank you! I thought it was cute. [​IMG]

6. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I have the PERFECt solution - set up a cage in the bathroom and put a pair of serama's in there. They are small enough to be "house birds".... [​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm sure my DH would go for that one. NOT! [​IMG] Good try though!

8. JustChicky

JustChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    How sweet!

[​IMG] A "potty chick".

Quote:This sounds like my 4 year old daughter. We never had them in the house, but everytime I go out to our workshop she is right by my side and asks "So what do the chickens need now Mommy?"

9. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    i to was thinking she needed a potty chick.to go to the bathroom with her.

10. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Hmmmm... I'm still trying to figure out how to get that potty chick! [​IMG] My DH still hasn't quite caught onto that idea yet though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by