My 4.5 week old Indian Runners

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DanceswLabs, Nov 14, 2010.

1. DanceswLabs

DanceswLabs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Wake County, NC
    My babies are growing so fast! Here they are this morning. All seven are fawn and white like their parents, and I love the way those two colors mix with the yellow down they still have. They still follow me like I am their mama. They will balk if they think I have not let them play in whatever mudhole they have found long enough. They are also starting to act a little flighty when I herd them, but they aren't afraid of me....it's just their nature. When I sit down, they all come sit on me or by me. I think, based on their voices, that I may have five drakes. Yikes! I hope I am wrong, because I would like to keep them all. I may keep them all regardless. But if anyone has a good pet home and is interested in a sweet fawn and white boy, I have them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    How cute! I would love to have one, but I can't right now.

3. bigshoes213

bigshoes213 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2010
    Sardis, Ms
    Those are some beautiful ducks! I want some but I dont own our home and the inlaws say no to ducks but yes to goats and chickens. Go figure.

4. DanceswLabs

DanceswLabs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Wake County, NC
    Thanks! I have a video of them swimming this morning. I posted it on FaceBook; I will see if there is a way to show it here.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  5. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    They are so lovely...doncha just hate it that they grow up so quick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by