My 4 baby buttons 🥰🥰

RubyStarzy

Songster
Jul 25, 2020
Oh I'm in Love, haven't took my eyes off them , 5 days old now and bought a glass tank for them today and they Love it 😍
at what age can I tell if they're male or female, can I still keep them together?
they're on game starter now , is there anything else I can give them ?
The feather duster was probably the best idea ever , I put a small square of soft teddy fleece under it and they just love disappearing into it and sleeping 🥰
I have a video of one hatching if anyone has WhatsApp I could send it to because I cant post videos here just photos for some reason 🙈😁 What set ups do yous have to keep them in your house ?
🥰🥰🥰💛🐣💛🐣💛🐣💛🐣
Thanks for all the advice on here through the last couple of weeks 🙏

Attachments

• 20210122_145655.jpg
    20210122_145655.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210122_150631.jpg
    20210122_150631.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210122_151644.jpg
    20210122_151644.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210122_151555.jpg
    20210122_151555.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 25
You might be able to start telling their gender as early as 3 weeks, depending on their patterns. Some take longer, depending on how good you are at knowing what the feather patterns are and vent sexing if they're not feather sexable.

As long as they have enough space, they should be fine together as adults. Keep an eye on them since each bird has their own personality and some are jerks while others are great.

Thank you , there is one dark stripey one and I think it may be a male , I'm no expert its my first hatch of buttons , but he jumps up and stands tall and whistles like a 2 tone high pitch call for longer than any of the others, and any little noise he sticks his head out first and listens lol
Is there any healthy treats I could give them or are they to young
They are bursting with life , real inquisitive and busy , amazing to watch 🥰

Thank you , there is one dark stripey one and I think it may be a male , I'm no expert its my first hatch of buttons , but he jumps up and stands tall and whistles like a 2 tone high pitch call for longer than any of the others, and any little noise he sticks his head out first and listens lol
Is there any healthy treats I could give them or are they to young
They are bursting with life , real inquisitive and busy , amazing to watch 🥰
I would wait until they're 4-5 weeks old before starting to give them treats. Mealworms are loved by all quail, but they're high in fat, so don't give them too much. My back yard is getting overrun by weed sprouts, and they like those too. Try different things and see what they like. Keep away from tomatoes or anything in the nightshade family, avoid garlic and onions as well.

Treats shouldn't be more than 10% of their diet.

I would wait until they're 4-5 weeks old before starting to give them treats. Mealworms are loved by all quail, but they're high in fat, so don't give them too much. My back yard is getting overrun by weed sprouts, and they like those too. Try different things and see what they like. Keep away from tomatoes or anything in the nightshade family, avoid garlic and onions as well.

Treats shouldn't be more than 10% of their diet.
Great Thank you 🐣💛

Back
Top Bottom