My 4 pretties...blue down???

ESofVA

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2012
Keller, VA
Replaced 4 of my chicks today. (I had 6 die after I got my first 31 chicks. Don't know what was wrong with them but I started putting antibiotics, molasses water, and electrolytes into them and the rest made it).
I know #1 is a Buff Brahma, Not sure of sex but they are quite young.

and #3

look like BrahmasI ...but blue down??? Is there another color it might grow up to be besides Light, dark, and buff?
Photo #4 shows what their light blue wing feathers look like.

For the last one, picture #5,

I am not sure of anything. Its down is very white but there are some black/gray/blue spots? in the wings. Its feet are not feathered. Any ideas on this one? A Delaware maybe? A Light Brahma w/o leg feathers?
The man was not there that sold them to me and the woman there tried her best to relay what he was trying to tell her over the phone as to which were where and what was what. Lots of chicks in 3 containers.
All responses greatly appreciated.
TY
Deb

The Blue chicks might be Blue Cochins. Can you look and see what their combs are? Compare them to the Brahmas. They could all be just mixes if the people you got them from had a mixed flock.

Geez! I have looked at those combs every which way except under a microscope! I swear I can't figure out what they look like. I know the white has a straight comb. The buff looks like it should.
As I was typing this I was also browsing the net for better diagrams of comb types and found one!!! It is a better diagram and I think I will compare them tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom