1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My 4 week old and 5 week old chicks are outside and I feel so sad.....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Teresaann24, May 9, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I just put out my 4 and 5 week old silkie chicks today and I am so worried I built there cage as predtor proof as possible but I am still worried about snakes. They are loving being outside with so much room to check out but I am so worried about my babies. I felt it was time for them to be outside due to they was out growing there brooder and start to smell pretty bad even after newly cleanings..but I see feel bad about putting them out [​IMG]

Here is some pics of the babies outside.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right now outside is 3 blacks and 1 white 4 week old chicks and 1 partidge 5 week old chick. By my guessing the Partidge is a pullet and 2 of the black chicks are roos and one black is a pullet and the white one i am still guessing..LOL

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Cute babies you have there! [​IMG] I know how to remedy that, get more chicks!! [​IMG]

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Mine loved it so much better outside!! I was happy for them.
    I still worry a little bit about their house being raccoon proof though. (I think it is, but I'd hate to find out it's not, ya know?)

4. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:Yes I understand what you mean! I don't wanna find out if mine is ok from snakes I just WANT IT TO BE..LOL. I have raised a few chicks in this cage but with momma. I just gotta keep telling myself to keep me from going out to bring them back in...THERE GONNA BE OK THERE GONNA BE OK.

5. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    I was the same way, even though I was pretty sure it was predator proof. After a week of being outside they are thriving and loving every minute of it.

6. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    b.hromada :

Cute babies you have there! [​IMG] I know how to remedy that, get more chicks!! [​IMG]

LOL, I have 7 left in another brooder that are 2 weeks old and I have 26 eggs in the incubator..LOL​

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats the spirit! Teresaann, aren't they so addictive? Gotta love 'em though.

8. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I'm right there with you! Mine will probably be moved out to the new coop by next weekend. They're 3 weeks old this weekend. DH had a new garden shed built and he's giving me the old one for chickens. I'll be out there battoning down the hatches and filling cracks with cement [​IMG]
    Seriously I will be voracious about predator proofing the coop. They'll probably live inside of it until DH gets the runs built, which should be in the next couple of weeks.

I'll cry, I just know that I will. Especially since my babies are so friendly and they flock all over me when I go in to see them.

9. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    It sure is a sad day to...let them go......... [​IMG] I want them to stay babies forever!!!!!!!!

10. Phox01

Phox01 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Straughn , Indiana
    I know just how you feel , I just put my chicks out today. I keep gpoing out and checking on them and checking out the coop for any potental entry for mean nasties. Don't know how I am going to be able to sleep tonight , probably right next to the coop:lol:.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by