My 4 yr. old nephew-pics pg. 5....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by maplesky7, Sep 22, 2009.

1. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    My sister just sent this to my email:

"Brady has a mass in the popliteal area (behind knee) of his right leg. He is scheduled for an MRI on 9/30 at 1230. He will be sedated and probably intubated for the procedure. It could be muscle that has torn away and become bunched up. It could be vascular in nature. Or it could be ominous. Nobody will say anything or make any promises, but the nurse said it was free moving so try not to worry. He has seen an orthopedic surgeon, which probably means that we should plan on some type of surgery. That is all I know for now."

She works at the Mayo clinic so he will be having the best of care. She was pointing the lump out on his leg this weekend and we were telling her it did look swollen and take him in. She relayed a story which just happened to a friends little boy where they found a lump in his leg and like 6 months later he died from a rare cancer. Needless to say, as strong of a woman she portrays herself to be on the outside, I think she is most definitely worrying on the inside.

I pray for Brady's mass to be something easy to fix and that it causes him no more pain or trouble once they treat him...in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Thank you.

hugs,
    gretch

***it's a cyst... whew.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  2. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    [​IMG] and prayers sent your way! Hopefully it is just a fatty tumor, or something similar. As you said, he will be in great hands up there. May God be with you and the little one next Wednesday [​IMG]

Terrah

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Prayers for Brady!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Aww! poor little guy... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Prayer said for him, the docs, you and his mother.

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I know. [​IMG] And he kept saying his leg was wobbly this weekend and I saw it wobble too when he'd stand down on it.

He had fun at the water park and him and my daughter Zoe did lots together but you could tell his leg was interfering. [​IMG] Poor lil guy.

7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    We'll be praying for him, Gretchen. It's just been a wild ride for you lately, you're in my prayers, too. [​IMG]

8. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    He is in our prayers too. [​IMG]

9. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Will keep you and Brady in my prayers...... [​IMG] to the little guy and his mom.... hope all will be well.......[​IMG] to you too Mapes xxxxx

10. fjorddreamer

fjorddreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2008
    Nova Scotia
    Prayers sent! Keep us updated!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by