1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MY 45 week old pullet finally laid an egg today!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hellvagirl, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Hellvagirl

Hellvagirl Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Ellijay,GA
    Was feeding our chickens when we got home & just happened to look in the nest box & this is what we found [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] hope my others are soon to follow

2. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    45 weeks? Wow, that's a long time.

Hey, it looks like a beautiful egg, though, definitely worth waiting for![​IMG]

Maybe your chicken is part of the "slow food" movement (sorry, couldn't resist!)

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    What kind of chickens are they? 45 weeks is a looooooooong time. That's just a few weeks short of a year.

4. Hellvagirl

May 4, 2008
    Ellijay,GA
    Not sure we are thinking Delaware.My son got her for me for Easter last year when she was only a day or 2 old.She's the one that started this chicken craze!!

This is Peep...
    [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Congrats, Lisa! I have one 45 week old pullet here who is acting very hormonal and her comb is bright red. Hopefully, it will be robins' egg blue like her sister. I love the first eggs!

6. Hellvagirl

May 4, 2008
    Ellijay,GA
    TY Cyn.It shocked me when I looked in & seen it.I was like WOW an egg finally!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by