1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

MY 45 week old pullet finally laid an egg today!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hellvagirl, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Hellvagirl

Hellvagirl In the Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Ellijay,GA
    Was feeding our chickens when we got home & just happened to look in the nest box & this is what we found [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] hope my others are soon to follow

2. damselfish

damselfish Songster

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    45 weeks? Wow, that's a long time.

Hey, it looks like a beautiful egg, though, definitely worth waiting for![​IMG]

Maybe your chicken is part of the "slow food" movement (sorry, couldn't resist!)

3. What kind of chickens are they? 45 weeks is a looooooooong time. That's just a few weeks short of a year.

4. Hellvagirl

May 4, 2008
    Ellijay,GA
    Not sure we are thinking Delaware.My son got her for me for Easter last year when she was only a day or 2 old.She's the one that started this chicken craze!!

This is Peep...
    [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Congrats, Lisa! I have one 45 week old pullet here who is acting very hormonal and her comb is bright red. Hopefully, it will be robins' egg blue like her sister. I love the first eggs!

6. Hellvagirl

May 4, 2008
    Ellijay,GA
    TY Cyn.It shocked me when I looked in & seen it.I was like WOW an egg finally!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by