my 5 / 6 month old rooster's feces have blood

cataxy

Hatching
Aug 6, 2020
i dont know what to do about it. my mom is buying some coccidiosis medicine for him. i noticed he also has lumps on his neck that werent there before (not the crop). i really hope they mean nothing. its been happening since last night (its the next morning now) and hes doing ok hes still eating and drinking. he has a broken leg (my mom is slowly getting money to fix it) and its been broken since we found him (there are thousands of stray chickens where i live. a couple of months ago he was almost dead running across the street and sat right in front of my moms car pretty much giving up on life). im sorry if what im saying makes no sense im really scared he might die.

tldr: hes pooping blood (like when he poops a lot of blood goes out with it) , and there are all of a sudden lumps on his neck (and his neck feels thinner) and i do not know what to do.

Last edited:

humblehillsfarm

Songster
Mar 27, 2020
Southwestern Pennsylvania
i dont know what to do about it. my mom is buying some coccidiosis medicine for him. i noticed he also has lumps on his neck that werent there before (not the crop). i really hope they mean nothing. its been happening since last night (its the next morning now) and hes doing ok hes still eating and drinking. he has a broken leg (my mom is slowly getting money to fix it) and its been broken since we found him (there are thousands of stray chickens where i live. a couple of months ago he was almost dead running across the street and sat right in front of my moms car pretty much giving up on life). im sorry if what im saying makes no sense im really scared he might die.

tldr: hes pooping blood (like when he poops a lot of blood goes out with it) , and there are all of a sudden lumps on his neck (and his neck feels thinner) and i do not know what to do.
Sorry no one responded to this. How is he doing today? Could you provide pictures of the lumps, or if that isn't possible a more detailed explanation? Are they big or small? On the skin or under? Those kinds of details. I'm not sure yet what the lumps could be, but I think you're on the right path with treading with Coccidiosis medicine. As for the broken leg, there are methods for splinting it, but I'm not so familiar with those. I would try to put him in a sling to reduce mobility.
1596825344275.png

Top Bottom