My 6 day old duck eat my nose ring!!!! Will he be okay???

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CHICK CHICK BOM, Nov 14, 2013.

1. CHICK CHICK BOM

CHICK CHICK BOM New Egg

Nov 1, 2013
    Maine
    I don't know if my 6 day old duck will be okay I was cuddling with him and he pull my nose ring right out before I know it was gone. I tried to get it out of his month before he swallowed but he was way to fast for me. I'm hoping he will just poop it out. I just don't know if it will cut his stomach up and kill him. Is there anything I can give him to make him poop more that wont heart him? Please Help.

2. joycespell

joycespell Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2013
    Rickman,TN
    he should be ok just monitor him but i guess this might be a learning experience for you lol[​IMG]

3. CHICK CHICK BOM

CHICK CHICK BOM New Egg

Nov 1, 2013
    Maine
    I think I learned my lesson. Not to ware a nose ring around the ducks [​IMG]. That's what I'll have to do is monitor him and probably some poop check to see if it comes out. I hope he'll be okay cause his sister will be very lonely without him and my children will be very upset with me.. Which wont be good.. Thank you for the reply.

4. Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  5. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

Welcome and enjoy BYC!
    Steve :frow

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! Hope it passes good luck to you.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm old, and way back to the 50's or 60's there used to be a vet program on tv. Someone's pup had swallowed nails and such and he showed what to do about it. He pulled several threads from a celery stalk - he said when it is swallowed it would wrap around the nails and they would be expelled (pooped) without causing harm.

He was a famous vet for that period -I don't remember how he got the pup to eat them. I think he buried the celery threads in hamburger or something. But, I am thinking a duck or chicken etc. would probably eat celery strands without hiding them and actually enjoy it as a treat.

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC! Hope your duck is OK.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by