My 6 day old polish chicks are crowing!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by foxypoproxy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. foxypoproxy

foxypoproxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    Exactly what you just read!
    Some of my polish bantam chicks that are only 6 days old have started crowing.
    It started on day 5, i heard a weird squeal one morning. I thought i chick was injured.
    I jump out of bed and run to the brooder, but everything looks normal.
    Then it happens a second time! And i see one of our chicks (the one that has been chest bumping the other chicks) puff up its chest, stick its neck out, and make alittle noise! [​IMG]
    Its the cutest but funniest thing.
    Ive been trying to get a video but they never do it once Ive got my camera, so typical [​IMG].
    The chick that's been crowing is very outgoing and will run up to my finger and peck it when i put it in the brooder.
    It also chest bumps with another one of my chicks (who i suspect is also a roo but haven't heard it crow yet).
    So i only have 4 chicks and it was looking like 2 are roos and the other 2 may be pullets.

Well guess what, my chick that i thought was a girl, just started to crow too.
    So now it looks like i could have 3 roo's [​IMG]!
    I'm really hoping our last chick is a female because i was hoping to breed [​IMG].
    Either way it looks like i will need to get more polish bantam hatching eggs lol! [​IMG]

2. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    I'd love to see videos of your teeny little guys crowing :)

3. foxypoproxy

foxypoproxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    I'll be trying my best to get some video's!
    One does it every morning, so i can try and catch it then [​IMG]

4. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by