My 6 Year Old Daughter..... :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by RickiHupp, Dec 2, 2008.

1. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    She might have mono!!
    Has anyone ever dealt with this?
    Her test results will be back tommorrow. I am a little scared, she is only 6 and is so tired and fatigued she can barely walk to the bathroom. [​IMG]
    Any suggestions?

2. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    I had it in college and that sounds about right. [​IMG]

I remember having a strict diet. No dairy so I ate sherbet. But that is all I remember.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

All three of my kids had it when they were teenagers. My 6 year old nephew had it this summer. It knocked him for a loop too. It just takes a long time to get over it.

4. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

I am sorry I can't help you out, but I will keep you in our prayers.
    We have a 7 month old and when she was 3 months old - they put her in hospital b/c she was running 104.5 temp, they did a spinal tap and everything - it was horrible [​IMG] and she had to stay several days. They never did figure out what was wrong with her. It is always hard when it is your babies. Hang in there [​IMG]

5. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Oh my. She is so young!

My 19 year old son had mono this past spring and summer. He seemed to walk around in a daze & was so very exhausted all the time.
    He was supposed to rest (and rest some more) to get well. Yet he didn't think so....he is still battling it because of that, I believe. [​IMG]

I so hope she will get well soon. [​IMG]

6. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Thanks to everyone!! I am hoping that even if it is mono it will be maybe a mild case. Ugh I dont know, she looks so sad. I hate this. [​IMG]

7. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Yup, had it in college. Six is really young to have mono but it's possible. I ditto what chickens4jojo said: make sure she gets lots and lots of rest and then gets some more. I didn't rest like I should have (kinda hard when in college) and it turned into something much worse for me. Sleeping and a good, healthy diet are critical for recovery. Being so young I would think she would have a complete recovery.

Best wishes for her.

8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    My sister had it in middle school. My mother was horrified. Since mono is the "kissing" disease, she thought my 12 year old sister had been sucking face with some boy. The pediatrition said you can catch it from cats. She took it easy for awhile and was fine.

9. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    What a bummer! Ditto on the rest, sleep, rest some more. If she has to miss school, so be it, get the "work" (at 6 how much can there be?) and keep her occupied in short periods. But whatever you do, go STOOPIDLY healthy on her diet... processed junk and GMO/commercially grown food will only drag her further down. Do the organic, non-GMO, from scratch route. Who knows, she may actually develop a taste for "real" food through this. Good luck, and make sure you don't exhaust yourself in taking care of her.

10. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    RickiHupp, I'm keeping your daughter and family in my prayers. It really really sucks when our kids get hit with something nasty. Here's to hoping it's mild and goes away quickly!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by