My 7 girls at almost 5 weeks...LOTS OF PICS

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sunshine23, Sep 9, 2010.

1. sunshine23

sunshine23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Hialeah, FL
    The girls are almost 5 weeks in these pictures. I had to put them outsite at 4 weeks eventhough their coop in not completely finished yet and they have done wonderfully. I'm in Miami so it's perfectly warm outsite for them but I have to admit I was nervous the first night since it was raining a lot.

3 of them (Silver Cuckoo Maran, RIR and Speckled Sussex) are big compared to the others. The Silver Laced Wyandotte is the smallest and slowest feathering.

Here are the pics, I know it's probably too early but are they all looking like girls? or does it look like I might have a boy?

Sookie (Speckled Sussex) She's very smart and sweet too

[​IMG]

Lola (Silver Cuckoo Maran) She's a sweet girl, always close to me and likes to be touched and held

[​IMG]

Peaches (RIR) Sweet girl and so curious

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bella (Light Brown Leghorn) So beautiful but not friendly at all

[​IMG]

Mia (Golden Laced Wyandotte) She's not very friendly and very fast

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lia (Silver Laced Wyandotte) She's the fastest and smallest and slowest to feather

[​IMG]

Summer (Easter Egger) Sweet and docile girl

[​IMG]

All of them together [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pineywoods Peepers

Pineywoods Peepers Certified Poultry Accruer

Too cute! I want to get a speckled sussex my next time around, but I think I better wait til my other chicks come in.

I had a slow feathering chick (an RIR) but in the past few weeks her feathers have really come on, and now I can hardly tell her from the other RIR's.

Rachel

3. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    What a great blend of breeds. I have SS as well... LOVE THEM. Thanks for the pics [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by