My 7-wk mystery bebe =)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chicknhawaii, Apr 16, 2011.

1. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    From those who said 100% roo a couple weeks ago...to those who say 100% pullet now...
    From those who said EE, BBR OEGB, Duckwing, Brown Leghorn, and Light Brahma (or dark? I forget lol)...

This is the bebe at 7 weeks. [​IMG] She's a jumpy flier that's for sure, so sweet. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So I have the RSLs named Sienna and Tallulah...what do you guys think about Uma for this one? Tiny name for a tiny bebe. Does that have a ring to it, "Sienna, Tallulah, and Uma"? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    I think Uma is a very pretty name for her!

3. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    She sure has the stink eye look down already. [​IMG]
    She is beautiful.

4. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    She is a pretty girl! Did you get a consensus on breed? She sure has some green EE legs.

5. ll

ll Chillin' With My Peeps

Uma is a wonderful name, and yes goes along nicely with the other names! Great photos! [​IMG]

6. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    TY ALL for checking her out and for posting. [​IMG]

No consensus on breed, I was hoping for EE however that's not common to find in the "wild" here on O`ahu. It's more likely she is a BBR OEGB or some other type of game bird. Her legs get greener every day!

And yep, that stink eye comes out when I take too many pics esp that last one - she was trying to fall asleep on my printer. [​IMG]

Looks like "Uma" it is! [​IMG]

7. RainbowBirds_of_a_Feather

RainbowBirds_of_a_Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Maui
    Quote:Aloha Chicknhawaii,

So she is a Girlie after all! I am glad you got your wish. [​IMG] She definitely will be similar to this lovely...[​IMG]..(feathersite image, mahalo) So I will assume when she feathers out into her adult plumage after she molts her juvenile plumage.

Uma is a lovely name and she looks like a Grey American Game fowl. She is still growing and I think she is a mid to large size fowl. She won't get too large maybe like leghorn size. But not like your other gals. She definitely will see you as flock leader and I hope to goodness the other gals will get along well with her. But that is another situation in itself. She is a feral pullet and I do not know if she is true to toe on the genetics cause they are usually a mix of feral type around your island. That is how they are here and even in Kauai. Her legs are not to par with the standard so she is just a unique individual, we can call a mix plate, LOL!!! But She looks very healthy and even though she is not the EE you are looking for, I think she will be a great addition to your flock. Congrats! I love her!

Dee

8. kcaywood

kcaywood Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    A very lovely bebe indeed! Yes, those legs greened up a lot! Rainbowbirds really broke it down for you ... that's great ... and so it's great to know that she'll only get prettier with time. It should be SO interesting to raise a "feral" hen .... have fun and best of luck! [​IMG]

9. spiritdance

spiritdance Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    OMG if we had feral chickens around here I would be in SOOOOO much trouble. I'd have to buy 50 more acres and open a chicken sanctuary! [​IMG]:weee

10. RainbowBirds_of_a_Feather

RainbowBirds_of_a_Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Maui
    Kcaywood thanks for the comment. I appreciate it and I hope that her bebe will be magnificent in her adult plumage. She is an individual among individuals cause she is a survivor and adored by chicknhawaii.

But if you all went to the Island of Kauai. You all would be in shock at how the feral chickens there have become. I have seen some beautiful chickens there and the colors are just beautiful. If you ever go there you would definitely be in chicken country.LOL..

Dee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by