My 7yo ds refuses to eat chicken...

augustmomx2

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Central Indiana
My ds, who has always enjoyed chicken...well in nugget or patty form
tongue.png
Has finally made the connection between our chickens we have for pets/eggs and the ones he eats in nugget form. He asked "Is this real chicken?" Ahhhh, yeah dude... "Yes" I say.

"WELL, I don't eat chicken anymore. What if the chickens look in the window and see me eating chicken?!? They'll know I'm eating chicken!"

No matter how I explained it to him, he refused...oh well
hu.gif

Hopefully, no one tries to tell him the urban legend of: The white stuff connected to the yolk is a baby chicken that never formed. Then, he will never eat eggs!

Could you maybe tell him that my chickens ate CHICKEN yesterday, in the form of leftover chicken and rice casserole and they loved it?

No, maybe not.
hmm.png

Well, truth be told, I'm right there with him, and I'm 44 years old! I used to eat chicken all the time, but 1 1/2 years ago we acquired 4 pet chickens from my son's Kindergarten class, which have since then grown into a flock of 9.
I have come to dislike eating chicken, and actually feel somewhat sick on the few occasions when I do try it again. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about going entirely vegetarian, because the thought of eating a dead animal is becoming more and more repulsive to me every day.
Since he's only 7 years old, he'll probably not stick with this, but if he does, I would respect his decision.

The first time I ate one of my chickens I thought I was going to throw up, almost did. The next time I just got queezy. Then came the dreaded juvenile delinquent chicken boys mob that we raised that were running my hens crazy. I was never so glad to see chickens butchered and they tasted sooo good. I'm OK with it now.

On the other hand my niece saw a documentary on viel, turned vegan as a child and still is one.

You just never know.

Back
Top Bottom