My 8 foot rooster.

ninabeast

Songster
8 Years
Apr 10, 2011
Upstate New York
Which is to say, my rooster that is eight feet in height, not my octopedal rooster. Which would be stranger? Discuss.

We are in the process of building the coop and run for our 12 4-week old chicks. You'd think we'd have absolutely no time to waste, but apparently we have, because we took a precious afternoon last weekend to create an 8-foot high rooster lawn sculpture to place beside the run when it's done. I hope it won't scare the poop out of the hens.

My best friend is an artist who creates plush toys based on her own real-life pets (living or deceased), or those of friends. Her line is called Naughty Naughty Pets . One of the very first she made was Heedley Pecked Me In The Eye, a rooster based on one Wendy had many years ago, that she rescued from a kosher butcher in Toronto and kept as a pet. So, I asked her: "Wendy, would you draw and paint an 8-foot Heedley for my new chicken run?"

And so she did...

86005_wendy_heedley2.jpg

86005_chris_and_heedley.jpg

Now...I really MUST paint the coop...

Quote:
As in, "I have the biggest cockerel you've ever seen!"?

That's the idea...

Or, My roo is SO big,

(How big is he?)

he could eat hawks for breakfast...

He can shade t he whole coop...

If he crowed, the capital would hear him...

If he scratches he hits water...

Quote:
As in, "I have the biggest cockerel you've ever seen!"?

That's the idea...

Or, My roo is SO big,

(How big is he?)

he could eat hawks for breakfast...

He can shade t he whole coop...

If he crowed, the capital would hear him...

If he scratches he hits water...

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lol.png
lau.gif

I almost fell off the couch just now.

And that rooster is stinkin' adorable. There's a farm near here that has cute animal cutouts on their barn- like white silouettes of a pig, a rooster, and a cow on the side of their red barn (not nearly as cute as Heedly, but cute...). I want to do something cute like that, but I'm completely practical and not creative just by nature. I need an artist friend!

Maybe I just need to make a six foot chicken cutout to cover the front of my swingset meatie tractor, so it would look like there's a six foot chicken creeping across my lawn instead of a ghetto tarp and duct tape covered contraption...

80003_img_0319.jpg

If you like Heedley, you should check out Wendy's site. One of my step-daughters has a pillow-sized Heedley, and mini Heedley has been with me to London. Twice.

86005_img_0663.jpg

He's still miffed he didn't get to go to Paris, though. That was Mitchell With a Twitchell.

86005_img_2357.jpg

No, these aren't photoshopped. Yes, I did get stared at while taking them. And not in the good way.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom