1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my 8 wk old Buttons

Discussion in 'Quail' started by bigpauly123, Apr 20, 2016.

1. bigpauly123

bigpauly123 New Egg

Apr 20, 2016
    Here is a pic of my 8 wk old buttons. I also have some Coturnix the same age that are making 6-8 eggs a day. They were incubated and brooded together for the first two weeks. This is my first time with quail and I am really liking them so far. I just ordered some James Marie Farms pharaoh and silvers. will incubate them soon. I have been reading this forum like crazy for several weeks now. Thanks everybody at Backyard Chicken for all of the great posts and info.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nice birds. [​IMG]

3. 7littlegirls

7littlegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2015
    Long Island NY
    Hi :frow welcome to BYC!

4. DK newbie

DK newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    I love all the different colors! Your buttons look both cute and healthy. [​IMG]

5. bigpauly123

bigpauly123 New Egg

Apr 20, 2016
    Here are my coturnix pics. I got the eggs from ebay and this was my first time incubating eggs. I had a little over 50% hatch. I lost two in the brooder in the first few days. So far this has been a very positive experience and a lot of fun. I cant wait for the JMF eggs to get here and try another batch. Thanks for the welcomes and replies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by