So I've got three 16-week pullets and two 9-week old chicks. The big girls bully the little 'uns, so I thought that I'd finally build the A-frame tractor I had been too intimidated to try earlier. Started with the frame, hardware cloth, bird netting, a tarp, and some plywood. I braced the plywood against the structure, using a couple of old wooden benches hold them in place - total eyesore and not terribly secure, either. Today, I put in a wall & built the floor of what I hope will eventually be a nesting/roosting area. It was getting dark so I just started screwing random pieces of plywood into place to make the enclosure more secure. It now looks like it was built by a lunatic who just happened to have some power tools - plywood jutting out at weird angles, for no apparent reason. It wobbles, shakes and seems like it could implode if hit with a good sharp breeze. Nothing like learning your carpentry skills on the fly!