1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my ACCOUNT SUSPENDED???

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by ChicwannaB, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChicwannaB

ChicwannaB Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Munger, MICHIGAN
    every email i clicked on today I got a pop up message that the ACCOUNT was SUSPENDED, and I couldn't come to the site. Not even to read. Broke my heart. I didn't think I did, said, posted anything wrong. Very sorry if I offended or hurt anybody. I am just NOT like that. Stupid perhaps, but not intentionally offensive. I apologize a million times.

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    BYC was having trouble. Pretty much everyone was getting that message for a bit.

You haven't done anything wrong, probably. [​IMG]

3. Crazy4mypeeps

Crazy4mypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    I don't think it had anything to do with you, but it was due to the server. I saw it too. Figured they were rebuilding the database or something. Waited an hour or so and boom it was all back up just like it was before.

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    No need to shout. [​IMG]

As stated, BYC was having some geeky server problems. All is well now. [​IMG]

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The server went down at around 11:00 PST and I was instantly on the phone with the Network Operations Team working on trying to get things back up and running. Looks like the BYC database became corrupt and that spun everything into a deep dive crash. We were able to reboot the server and check / repair the database. Part of the "fix" was to temporarily suspend the BYC hosting account so we could work on it. That was the "suspended account" message that people received.

As I've mentioned before, it is tricky when there are problems in the middle of the day. It is kinda like working on a 5 lane freeway in the middle of rush-hour traffic. Closing down all the lanes of the freeway to repair a huge pothole only makes the immediate problem 1,000 times worse, but there really aren't any options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by