1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My ADORABLE and SWEET baby bantam girly is 7 weeks old today! Can anyone tell me her breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chem, Apr 13, 2012.

1. chem

chem Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    Space Coast, Florida
    hello everyone :)

i would like to introduce you all to my tiny bantam girl named "Baby"! she is the sweetest chicken you could ever meet and i love her so much. she is very small for a bantam and (in my eyes) she is the most beautiful chicken i have ever seen!!! [​IMG]
    ever since she was a baby she has enjoyed spending her time with me. she will sit and sleep in the palm of my hand or she will happily sit on my lap and just hang out until i actually have to pick her up and put her down. whenever she hears my coming she gets all excited and runs to the door chirping all the way. sometimes she will dance for me lol i know that sounds strange but she does this dance where she stretches her neck and runs around flapping her wings. its the cutest thing! i call her my little show chicken (since in my eyes she is a prize). i was debating on getting her a diaper so she can come into the house with me whenever she wants since she loves to be with me. dont get me wrong, she loves the others she was raised with but she doesnt have as tight a bond with them as the others do with one another. sometimes i get angry when the others step on her. she yelps and i know the others dont mean to trample her but she is tiny and they are big (same age). anyways, enough of my ramblings. i cant help myself when i talk about her lol
    she is 7 weeks old as of today and she is still so tiny! i am also posting a picture of me holding her so you can see the actual size in comparison. she has developed these beautiful feathers on her belly and i have heard some people say OEGB but i am unsure since i have seen these type of feathers on other breeds. any opinions are greatly appreciated! thank you all for your time and i hope you have an awesome day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

***EDIT***

i forgot to mention/show a picture of her legs. she has peachy looking (kinda pale i guess) legs. here is a picture showing her legs. she was a tad bit younger in this picture and you can actually still see the brown stripe that went down her head.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    silver duckwing OEG

3. Melinda35

Melinda35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    She is very tiny and beautiful! Have no idea what she is though, sorry.

4. armdchicken

armdchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    X2

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    x3

6. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Awww... She is a sweet looking little girly pullet. I would say OEGB, too.

7. lizage

lizage Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    x4

I got four last year and they are my sweetest birds!! [​IMG]

8. ShowYourStuff

ShowYourStuff Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2012
    She is a very beautiful silver duckwing Old English, no doubt. They are very wonderful birds. Congrats! :D

9. chem

chem Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    Space Coast, Florida
    wow! so many people in agreement! yay!!!! [​IMG]

thank you all for the help! i love my baby so much and im glad i finally got her breed down pat.... now its time to go take pictures of my other bantam! i have one more bantam i am having problems identifying. she (could be a "he" but not sure yet) is a total different breed than baby. kinda like a sebright but i thought she had too much black in her to be a sebright. she is also very loud and doesnt like me to pick her up even though i handled her growing up on a constant daily basis. i will post that up in a new thread.

i really appreciate everyone chiming in on this, it means a lot to me since this is my baby. i cannot help but spoil her rotten lol she is just too cute and so sweet! i am guessing her breed in general are very tame and loving?

i hope you all have a great evening and thanks again!

10. Megaears

Megaears Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2012
    We just got two baby bantams yesterday. Both old english one blue and one chocolate. My chocolate one is twice the size and we aren't sure what sex they are. Isuppose we wait to see when they get older? This one looks just like my chocolate one (we named her HersheyK and the blue one bb...because she is so tiny. We had a neighbors dog kill my two Australorps last weekend and im just devastated. :( Is you're OEGB talkative? Mine are lol:rolleyes:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by