my adventure with my roo today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ams3651, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I went out to check the water (break ice) and as expected he lunged at me this time I had the mind about me to quickly reach out and grab his tail end. My oh my, I have never heard him make such a noise. I promptly tucked him under my arm and went about spreading some corn. He was not so happy to have his ladies see him in such a way and was even more upset when I walked away. I decided to get a pair of scissors and cut off the band on his leg from when I had 3 roos. While standing in front of the sink in the bathroom he made a plucky little noise and I realized he saw himself in the mirror. [​IMG] Oh, he was not happy. I went back out and put him in with the girls, I swear they laughed at him.

2. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    lol, its funny when an animal sees themself in the mirror! but good for you, showing him who's boss!

3. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    he doesnt come at me real bad, just a little lunge or sometimes he will flap his wings at me and I usually go right back at him, hes not real bad hes just usually too quick for me to pick up

4. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    Years ago we had three barred rock free range roosters (no close neighbors.) Every time I hung out clothes the # 1 rooster would fly at me with his spurs in the air. It got so I had to take a broom every time I went outside--so we ate him! Can you believe the #2 rooster did the same thing--so we ate him! Again, #3 met the same fate. They would even sneak around the corner of the house to come at me.

5. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    LOL just today my roo discovered the mirror in my room today. He kept twitching his he side to side like he was checking his comb [​IMG]

6. flopsy

flopsy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2008
    Y'all let the chickens into the house???

7. hawtchick

hawtchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I was wondering the same thing.....I must not be a nice mama. [​IMG]

8. SarahF

SarahF Chillin' With My Peeps

DH told me I'd be staying with the chickens if I ever did that! haha I'd be too worried about poop everywhere.

9. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:As I said, while I was holding him I went in to look for scissors to cut off his leg band. If he was going to poop it would be on me...not the first time. The dog was a little freaked out to see him in the house though, took her a few minutes to notice i was carrying him. But he's been respectful since.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by