1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Agnus threw a tantrum today.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rirluvr, Dec 4, 2009.

1. rirluvr

rirluvr Gallus Domesticus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S I am keeping my fingers crossed the little talk worked and tomorrow when I wake up and let them out to play I will find a delicious extra large brown egg.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  2. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Aww... That's a cute story. I can picture her having her tantrum [​IMG] [​IMG] your little talk works!!

So, Did she go to bed after that?

3. lngrid

lngrid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:It's so obvious how much you like to make your chickens happy that I don't think you could put your heart into stopping spoiling them. [​IMG] Personally, I think that's wonderful.

4. Hozer

Hozer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Homer, Alaska
    My pullets got kinda...wierd...at about 5 1/2 months. They were getting bold and yelling at me...like they were telling me to "butt out" of their business. I should have fugured it out. They started laying within a week. I hope that's what is going on with your girl.

5. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    have you checked around the area they freerange in?? could it have been you called them in before she had a chance to stash her egg under the plant she's been been hiding them under??

my girls would do a similar thing whn they are on the side of the fence that the nest box is not.. the start talking and pacing... and i walk around the fence they fly over multiple times during the day and open 2 different gates for her to walk out of and she makes a beeline for the nest box.....

if she does this again, maybe let her out and watch what she does, and where she goes.. lol... maybe you only think she's not giving you eggs...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by