My alarm went off in the night I hit something and can't fix

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by younghipchicky, Feb 3, 2017.

1. younghipchicky

younghipchicky New Egg

Jan 27, 2016
    Half asleep in the middle of the night my alarm for the incubator went off I have pushed buttons half in the dark and all of a sudden my humidity is at 92% I don't believe that it actually is 92% - but that's what it's reading and I'm on day 20 with no hatchings yet my humanity remains very stable the entire incubating process until day 19. I have no idea what I did and if anyone has any idea please help me

2. br0nc0

br0nc0 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2017
    Slovenia
    Try opening your vents a little, see if that helps. You might have spilled the water outside of the water channels and increased the surface through which the water evaporates. Crack open the vents a little and see if it starts to drop.

3. younghipchicky

younghipchicky New Egg

Jan 27, 2016
    Thank u - tried that not working.... I was sick the night on night time medicine but I recall CA and I think CE showing up in the humidity box. I am not sure what I pushed but can't make it change :(. I'm afraid I am going to kill my babies [​IMG]

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Could you turn the incubator at the mains and reset it from scratch so to speak? The short time the incubator will be off should not affect any chicks due to hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by