My ALL(!!) done city coop - the girls have moved in!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BlueBetween, May 16, 2011.

1. BlueBetween

BlueBetween Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Near Seattle
    We've been working on this thing for 6 weekends now - I was really hoping we would be done by today, but I guess I have chickens in my living room for another week. It's ok, they are nice, though dusty.

Here it is, only 3 more doors to make - the service doors which will have windows in them and the pop door. Plus the roost/dropping board. And then a bigger outdoor run and a foraging tractor... but I'm not even thinking about that yet!

[​IMG]

Lots of progress shots in my blog, I'll try to make a BYC page with them one of these days.

And here are my girls, getting a little rare sunshine:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  2. rickdigschicks

rickdigschicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    Southern NH
    Fantastic. That is a great looking coop and run. I love the nice bright colors.

3. BlueBetween

Apr 4, 2011
    Near Seattle
    Thanks Rick! It's bright, for sure, but it does brighten up our gray Seattle days [​IMG]

4. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Wow that is beautiful! I am so jealous of people who manage to make their coops so esthetically pleasing, lol. I need to pick up a paintbrush one of these days, my poor chickens look like they live in the "chicken ghetto"

5. BlueBetween

Apr 4, 2011
    Near Seattle
    Thanks Shannon, a coat of paint can make anything look better.... and hide lots of mistakes. Instead of saying "oops" all the time, we just keep muttering "it's a chicken coop". I've never done anything like this before and my husband only worked a little bit in construction while in college, many many years ago...

6. rileysgranny

rileysgranny Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    Very nice! Love the color.

7. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Great job! [​IMG]

And good choice in colors.

8. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    It's stunning! Great job! How do you stand the weather like that all the time?[​IMG]

9. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    Looks great! I used to live in Federal Way so I understand about the weather there [​IMG]

10. OhioPete

OhioPete Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    That is a beautiful set-up! More pics when your done would be appreciated [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by