My alpacas are coming!!!! PICS ADDED

jkcove08

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
Iowa
The guy that my sister and I are buying alpacas from called to day and wants to deliver them tomorrow!!!! 2 of them are due to have crias in May and we wanted to get them here and settled for as long as possible before they have them. I am sooooo excited!! I cant wait to get the babies here too. One of the females actully had a little boy cria that comes with her. He is about 4 months old. One of the girls wont be coming yet though. She had lost her pregnancy and so we asked him to breed her before we get her. He keeps them at his place for 60 days after so he can make sure she is preggers. Of course she is the one I want..lol Then on top of that my hubby had a guy that works with my father in law offer to give us a stock trailer for free!! He says it nothing special to look at and will need a little work and 1 tire. You cant pass up a free 16 ft stock trailer though! He says he was using it up to a yr ago and then got a new one so it is just sitting around. On top of that I am having ducklings hatching and chicks hatching and everyone is happy. Nice suprise for April 1st. Im glad this is no joke!! Jenn
the 4 girls with Teddy in the back
005-8.jpg

Teddy, the baby with older sister Daphine brown and mother Caresse white
DSCI0707.jpg

Little Rose, grey and Caresse white
DSCI0717.jpg

Francine, black and Caresse
DSCI0713.jpg

Last edited:
Wow what a lot of activity at your house!

Congrats on the soon to be new arivals. You will have to tell us all about them when you get to know them better
smile.png

OHCHICK,
WHat kind do you have? We are getting Haucayas. We were also told about some people that are moving and want to sell thier little heard.. I guess when you jump in you go with both feat..lol We have friends that have 17 themselves. With the ones we are getting we will go from 5 to 13 in the next 2 yrs.. We have 3 acres and luckily have a friend that bales hay and will give us an excelent deal on hay!! Here is a link to the group that we are getting. Jenn
http://www.alpacanation.com/alpacasforsale/03_view_package.asp?name=28153

I was thinking they were very expencive as well. I have wanted a few for many years now, and have 5 acres now that they could be on. But...several thousand for one!?? Whew! Not in my pocketbook.

If you are just looking for a couple as pets then there are cheap ones out there. My sister is financing this little retirement plan. Hubby and I are the ones taking care of everyone. We were able to get a very good deal on a 4 pack of bred females. My sister wants something to bring in extra money and something we can enjoy. My hubbys excited but I can see it now, he will get spit on even though they say they dont spit near as much as llamas. We will see..lol I cant have goats since every one I have had has always head butted him. I am lucky to have Ba Ba the sheep. She anoys him enough. We will see. I will post pics soon. Jenn

How exciting!! I'm sorry one of the girls lost her pregnancy....we had that problem with our girl after she had her cria in October 2006. It was so frustrating breeding her this time, but she's due in May now. We can't wait!! The group you're getting is gorgeous. Enjoy all the excitement at your place!

Quote:
we have huacayas. we have 12 acres, so we bale our own hay. my neighbor has a large farm, over 80 there, we are partner farms.

we started with 2 males and then bought an older, bred female (who had a girl cria a few months later). then added a package of 2 females and 2 males, then we had one die
sad.png
and so we bought 1 bred female and a younger one to replace the one who died, and a male came with that group. then we just bought 2 more girls this year and they also came with a male. hence 14.
smile.png

they are great fun, sweet animals. if you ever have questions, feel free to PM me.

Back
Top Bottom