My amazing rooster is desperate for a home! Northern California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by exotichenhouse, Jun 29, 2016.

1. exotichenhouse

exotichenhouse New Egg

Jun 29, 2016
    I hope someone can please help. I have posted everywhere and have had no luck. I live in Marin County and it is forbidden to own roosters. One of my little chicks grew up to be my gorgeous Rufio and my neighbors have had enough of his crowing. He is the BEST pet ever. Loves to be held, pet, eats out of my hand and follows me around. He is such a love. I would do anything to keep him but the crow collar was like torture for him and although he is sleeping in the garage at night and hanging with the girls in the day, I travel and can not do this forever.
    My LAST resort is the humane society so wondering if anyone has a lead? I would be happy to donate funds towards his care to a loving home. He is the best. His favorite thing is to watch me make coffee in the window every morning

5 months old
    hand raised from hatchling
    vaccinated
    fed entirely organic non gmo
    loves other chickens and people
    has never bit, scratched, been aggressive towards people
    loves to be held

Thank you all so much for your help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    After you have 20 posts you can participate in the BYC Buy, sell, trade forum. There is even a listing for animals needing homes.

3. exotichenhouse

exotichenhouse New Egg

Jun 29, 2016
    thank you for the response. Does this mean I need to post 20 times or this tread has 20 posts?

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! He's such a cute bird, I'm sorry you have to give him up. You have to have posted a total of 20 times in any of the threads on here to participate in Buy/Sell/Trade. Good luck![​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by