My Ameraucana Bunch Today Plus One

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Nov 2, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Scout, Silver and my Speckled Sussex, Nelda were obliging today. Charlotte was on her nest like a good girl. For those of you getting Ameraucana eggs, Scout is the sire of them all and Charlotte and Silver, my blue girls, are their moms. Excuse the red clay dirt in Silver's feathers, LOL. That's Velvet in the background of Silver's pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Your SS is beautiful! I hope mine turn out like that! [​IMG]

3. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Cynthia,

You sure are tempting me with those pictures. My nine are a good number for us but hmmmmm....maybe we could fit a few more next spring. You have beautiful chickens and what a gorgeous roo. Geez, living in GA myself, I don't know what you are talking about when you say Silver has red clay in his feathers.

Barbara
    also in N GA mtns

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Cyn they are beautiful! What breeder did you get Nelda from, She is stunning. My Speckled Sussex are cute but they do not have as many speckles as Nelda. Oh and I would like to get on the list for Ameraucana eggs please. [​IMG]

Adam

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    VERY pretty girls & roo! Lucky you!

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Scout is striking. This is great since I have their eggs in the 'bator!

7. speckledhen

Scout has the best temperament, I have to say. I have been fortunate with my roosters. I was sitting on the hammock, watching him with his girls yesterday, and he came up to me, cocked his head up to look me in the face, then lightly tapped me on my sleeve. He may not be show quality like his father, but I do think he is very handsome.

Adam, I got Nelda from Gina Rinks in TN, not far from you. The flock belonged to her brother and I think she has them now, along with her Cuckoo Marans. I believe her screen name is ginasmarans on this board. She packs well and I had a good hatch rate with her eggs. Nelda has gotten more beautiful as she ages, certainly. When do you want the Ameraucanas? I have an opening the last week of November, after moving someone up on the schedule, to go out the 26th, if you want them that soon.

Hey, Barb, I'm right near where NC, GA and TN come together. Surely, you know about Ga clay, LOL! [​IMG]

8. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    You shoulda called yourself Bluehen, Cyn, LOL!

Scout reminds me of my EE roo (sire to your past EE/BR pullets) in every way except color. He's really come out pretty! I like the way the hens appear to have bibbs on.

9. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Cynthia, I am due to get a dozen from Jody next week but I just sent her and E-mail to see if she could push me back until the 26 so as soon as I hear from her I will let you know.

Adam

10. speckledhen

Sounds good. Aren't your eggs due to hatch pretty soon? I'm getting everybody's hatch dates mixed up now, LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by