1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Ameraucana coop under construction

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Poison Ivy, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I bought some ameraucana egg's from Cynthia and decided I wanted a separate coop for them. I've been trying for 3 weeks to get it going but one thing or another has held it up. But this week it finally got underway. It has a few more finishing touches and I can paint it. It was around 7 when I took the last picture so it's a little dark. My daughter was playing around in it having fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    wow!!!! that is a wonderful coop very creative too [​IMG] It has like 10 coops but one run. But wow is that a good coop

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2007
  3. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

now THAT is a nice "extra" pen..........I have to think of something extra for my ducks........ nice nice......... [​IMG]

4. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    I Love it..
    Post more pics when its painted and has its feathered guests.

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Thats a really nice set-up. Very lucky chicks.......they should be safe there. How many eggs are you getting?

6. Poison Ivy

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I have 3 that looked great at day 6 and 3 not sure's and 1 that was clear. I will wait until day 14 which is tomorrow to recandle but I think it's only the 3 that are growing Plus I have 1 splash ameraucana that is around 2 1/2 months old to go with this group of babies when they are big enough.

7. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Wow, that is really nice! Good design, well made. I love shed roofs and covered runs. I am having coop envy, again...

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Charlotte's and Silver's daughters will be very happy in there-it's nice! Good job. Pretty daughter, too.

9. Poison Ivy

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Cynthia I'm so excited about the eggs which are due to hatch between the 30th - 1st. I will let you know as soon as they start hatching.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I hope you get at least the three, if not an extra one or two. Then you're on the schedule for more later on as well. Now that both girls are laying, I hope they continue as the days get shorter since they have no light in their little coop. So far, they are excellent layers and I hope they pass that along to their daughters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by