1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Ameraucana Hen/Roo??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mei&Popcorn, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Mei&Popcorn

Mei&Popcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

I have ameraucana, and i'm wondering if hes a rooster... if he is i have to give him away, and he is my dear pullet mei's bro/sis so i'd feel bad.. the problem is i don't know how to post pics, so if someone could help me..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    mei is the one eating the plants. she is really odd (for a chicken), because she is so calm and has such a small tail. I noticed that popcorn is more bold and fast (and naughty) than mei. but they play so well together, they don't fight.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. six_eclectic_chickens

six_eclectic_chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2011
    [​IMG]
    1get the pic on your computer.
    2open byc
    3click on 'uploads' at the top
    4click 'browse', and select the pic and click open
    5wait: it will take awhile but it will work
    6copy the section from beneathe the pic onece its uploaded that is labeled image
    7paste into a message writing panel; it should look something like this:[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/108313_my_pictures_098.jpg[/URL][/img ] , but with no space between the g and the ] it also won't be blue and underlined
    8if you want text with the pic have the pasted section of words on a different line or at least leave a space between it and your new text.
    9submit the message or hit preview to check that it worked

Look forward to seeing the picture: ill be back to tell u what i think [IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/img/smilies/smile.png

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Try showing a straight on image of the chicken in question. Where did you get them from? Eggs you hatched, feed store, another chicken keeper? The images aren't clear enough to say 100% one way or another.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Sorry they are Easter Eggers, not Ameraucanas. And it looks like to me, it could be a roo. Better pictures close up and not blurry will help us ID the gender!

Other than that, they are beautiful!

5. chisNchickens

chisNchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Beautiful EEs!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    OK I blew up the first pic and I am certain now, its a pullet. I do not see any pointed feathers near the tail head area.

7. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Looks like a pullet...Its hard sometimes with EEs... I had one who's comb was red at a young age. Thought she was a roo (because she had some pointed feathers instead of rounded) til she started to lay eggs.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    EE pullet.

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Easter Egger pullet, roosters can't be white w/a red face and breast.

10. Chicken Bee

Chicken Bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Long Island
    I see two utterly gorgeous EE pullets. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by