1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My American Bulldog

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by peeps7, Mar 6, 2008.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I was outside working in the garden, pulling up weeds and stuff like that, and my Bulldog started digging up weeds with me, lol. I would show him where a weed was and would say "get it" and he would paw it, amazingly they came up with just 1 or 2 paw swipes. Of course his paws weigh a ton a peice, lol. Anyways I took some pictures of him in the house today so ya'll could see him. His name is Emmitt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What a handsome dude. I love Bulldogs. Not as much as my Boxers though. [​IMG]

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    WHAT a gorgeous boy! DH and I have been talking about them a lot. What's his temperament like? I've heard they can be a handful, but I don't know anyone that has one that I can get firsthand info. from. Also, does he drool? Thanks!

4. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    our pit bull would do that

5. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    He is VERY sweet and he would destroy anybody who tried to mess with me in the wrong way. His temperment is GREAT, he loves kids. Yes, unfortunatly he drools ALL THE STINKING TIME!! lol, we keep a "wipe your face" towel on the floor in front of the t.v. He weighs about 105 pounds and he is still growing. American bulldogs grow until they are 2 years old and he is 1 1/2 years old. I highly reccomend American Bulldogs to you, Emmitt is one of the best dogs I have ever had.

6. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    What a smart and handsome guy! I have English Bulldogs and love your American Bulldog as well. One of my favorite bullies of all time was named Emmitt.

7. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Emmitt is just a good name for bulldogs, lol. Our problem is he likes to wrestle with my 8lb poodle and thats not good for the poodle, lol. I'm hoping to get a rott soon, I want to get a big male and name him Doc.

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] He's cute!

9. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Be careful Wildsky, he eats Jokers, lol. [​IMG] Sorry, I couldn't resist. [​IMG]

10. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    So you found your camera huh? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by