1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Americauna bantams and Golden Sebright bantams (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jduffy, Oct 23, 2010.

1. jduffy

jduffy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2010
    East Bethany, NY
    I just added the Sebrights, there still getting acquainted. I am sure i will have to get rid of a rooster or 2, there's 3 and the one with the girls is the dominant one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. iluvsedward

iluvsedward Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    ahah!!!! thats what my amaracuna chickens look like!!!!!! I told them so [​IMG] [​IMG]

nvm me [​IMG]

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Nice Easter Egger bantams. [​IMG]

Pretty little Sebrights though. Always loved them, either gold or silver.

4. jduffy

jduffy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2010
    East Bethany, NY
    I purchased them from a local breeder who called them americauna. I really couldnt tell you the difference between them and easter eggers. All i know is they lay green/blue eggs and one lays pink eggs. I don't know the difference between the 2 kinds. Neither is a pure breed and as far as i am concerned a mutt is a mutt. I just wanted colored eggs.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    And you got em. [​IMG]

You're on the lucky side, honestly. My only EE hen is a typical brown color with black pencilling and if she ever lays, it's a light brown egg. My EE pullet is a pretty white girl, but she's 6 months old now and has yet to give me an egg. All I know is that it should be pale in color and should be either blue, green, or olive green.

The anticipation is killing me.

6. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    They're adorable! I'm a sucker for the little beards and muffs some chickens have. [​IMG] I love that one red/blue hen that's towards the middle of the pic.

Quote:Do all the brown colored ones lay brown eggs? If the lighter colored one's lay light colored eggs, anyone have a guess at what color a black EE (the only one I have at the moment) would lay? I'm assuming she's an EE since the guy I bought her from said she was an Araucana mix.

7. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Do all the brown colored ones lay brown eggs? If the lighter colored one's lay light colored eggs, anyone have a guess at what color a black EE (the only one I have at the moment) would lay? I'm assuming she's an EE since the guy I bought her from said she was an Araucana mix.

It's not the color of the chicken that determines egg color, it's earlobe color. White earlobes = white eggs, and red earlobes = brown, blue, or green. I know there is one exception to this rule, but I can't remember what it is.

8. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    Thanks. Now, at least I know I won't be getting white eggs. I guess I'll just cross my fingers for the blue, though green would be cool as well. Watch me end up with my one lone EE laying brown eggs. [​IMG] At least I'll still have her fluffy little beard to admire, even if she does lay brown eggs. :lol:lol

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  9. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!

It's not the color of the chicken that determines egg color, it's earlobe color. White earlobes = white eggs, and red earlobes = brown, blue, or green. I know there is one exception to this rule, but I can't remember what it is.

the penedesenca lays one of the darkest eggs but has white earlobes [​IMG]

10. iluvmypoultry

iluvmypoultry Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2010
    Aw they're so cute! I wanna sebright [​IMG]. How do they act?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by