My anatolian puppy got Best of Breed at his first show!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by carolinagirl58, Sep 12, 2011.

1. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Well......OK.....it wasn't really a show, it was a fun match. And he got best of breed only because he and his brother were the only two Anatolians there. But don't tell him...he is very proud of himself! [​IMG]

The pups are 4 months old now and growing FAST!! We are attending handling classes on Thursdays and they spend most of their free time in their pen located in the sheep paddock. They also get time to hang out around their human family. I am enjoying these pups!! My sheep are terrified of them, but hopefully they will get used to them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    That's awesome!! He has gorgeous eyes!

3. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Awww! Which one won? I dont recall who is who now, so by their old names, who won? lol!
    Glad to see you getting him out there! I hope to see you in the ring next year! Maybe I'll have a new Lira pup to bring...hoping to breed her next time she comes into season...

4. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    That's totally awesome! Who cares if they were the only 2? Better odds that way [​IMG] Congrats! [​IMG]

5. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    I sure like the looks of Anatolians. I think they are a very impressive breed. Cool pups.

6. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Quote:Breezy, I keep meaning to say how adorable your pups are! Is there somewhere I can see your adults?
    It makes sense that we like one another's breeds, they are related! One of my friends just got some TMs after having ASDs for ages.

7. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    Im not the one with the tibbies ( Im sorry to say). The only dogs I have are the ones in my avatar and they are all adults. Gotta say though those are some of the prettiest TM pups Ive ever laid eyes on.

8. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Quote:Oh geez, that's seabreeze! Oops!

9. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Thanks everyone! Their names are Isaac (old name was Fortune) and Eli (old name was Bestow). Eli is the serious one....the one with the lighter eyes. When they arrived, he was my first pick. So perfect in every way! But he is going through a more awkward stage right now and he is also not as enthusiastic about showing as Isaac so Isaac beat him. Isaac is a very fun-loving pup. He is outgoing, cheerful, energetic and happy to try new things. Eli is much more what you'd expect to see in an Anatolian. He is reserved, cautious and watchful. When we went to handling class, we had to go up some steps and into a building that had loud metal doors. Eli balked and didn't want to go in....Isaac was happy to show him it was OK. I really think Isaac has the potential to be a great therapy dog!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  10. GreatPyrLover

GreatPyrLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC
    Your pups are beautiful!!!! [​IMG] I want a ASD so bad...that breed will be the next for me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by