My Anconas - lots and LOTS of pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by toadbriar, Oct 12, 2011.

1. toadbriar

toadbriar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2010
    central massacheezits
    Been way overdue on getting recent photos. Here are a few [​IMG]

Honey Badger and Mae West - 8 weeks old lavender drake and chocolate hen
    [​IMG]

L to R all 8 week old hens: Lightning & Rory, black; Succotash, chocolate; Wee Potata Face, blue; Marlene, chocolate; Puddintaine, lavender.
    [​IMG]

Bramlet and Blicket, chocolate hen and black drake.
    [​IMG]

Kateri, crested hen. She's got a brown/buff patch by her eye. When she's not so faded it looks mallard brown. LOVE this girl. she's always the first to make friends with new birds.
    [​IMG]

with my American Buff gander Murphy
    [​IMG]

Bramlet, chocolate hen
    [​IMG]

Jelly Roll, chocolate hen
    [​IMG]

Sugarbowl - has a wide lavender stripe down her back, but you'd never know it til she flaps.
    [​IMG]

Podgi, blue drake.
    [​IMG]

goat photobomb :p
    [​IMG]

everyone into the act
    [​IMG]

thanks for looking [​IMG]

2. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    So nice to see the siblings. Bramlet and Succotash look a lot like Miss Fern. And I saw a few who look like little Miss Poppy, too. Beautiful!
    Now I just need a Lavender and a Blue to complete my Ancona rainbow!

3. toadbriar

Jan 28, 2010
    central massacheezits
    hahahaha don't forget silver! [​IMG] Jelly Roll is the loudmouth I was telling you about [​IMG] I don't know why but my chocolate gals all seem to be particularly outspoken.

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    lovely water they have!!! [​IMG] mine would kick me for that. [​IMG]
    i hope my ducks dont see your ducks photos. [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Mine either, all mine get is half a stock tank and a mixing tub [​IMG] I love your duckas they are beautiful!! especially like the chocolate ones and Podgi the blue. Oh my goodness, and your American buff I want one so bad. [​IMG]

7. farmdude

farmdude Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    NE Wisconsin
    Love the birds, love the environment! Love the variety of colors of your Anconos! I may even be a tab bit jealous [​IMG] I've had the worst luck with this breed. You've done a great job!

8. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    They look very nice! Did someone have a pillow fight around your pond? [​IMG]

9. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Where did you get them? Very pretty! I really like the lavender color!

10. toadbriar

Jan 28, 2010
    central massacheezits
    Thank you! Yeah everyone is in molt! Looks like early snowfall out there doesn't it? We are so lucky to have the pond. Buying an old house with a pond made ducks sort of obligatory! They've done a great job clearing it of algae. I hatched most of these, all but three of my current flock. I originally got eggs off eBay from a seller in North (I think) Dakota. I also got some of Duckmonk's flock when he decided to go back to chickens, so that's three from Cackle, Kateri and two black hens. I had a gorgeous chocolate drake from that flock but he had some nasty ways with the ladies. Knock wood, the boys are very sweet and with three drakes to 14 hens, hopefully it will stay so! Anyhow the new 8 week old kids are my 3rd generation. I enjoy these guys enormously.

I can't recommend the buff geese highly enough, by the way. Mine are from Metzers and I couldn't be happier with them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by