My Anconas - lots and LOTS of pics!

Quote:
I don't know that much about geese. Well, ok, so I don't know ANYTHING about geese
lol.png
How often do your buff lay eggs, or do you have them for meat? Also, are they as messy as ducks? hmmm.... I never thought about getting geese because I thought that they were all mean. Now I will have to investigate.
smile.png

Beautiful! LOVE the one with the goatie trying to get in the picture! Is he/she a Nigerian Dwarf goats? The little bit I see of the ear looks just like the same markings and colors as one of mine.

Oh, as a fellow Ancona owner.....I am STILL jealous! I wish I had blue, lavender, and silver in my flock. I love your babies. Podgi is a gorgeous thing, isn't he? Sugar Bowl is beautiful...I wish my white had a bit of color on her face like yours.

LOVE your pond.

That goat picture....cutest thing.

Tell me about your American Buff....I keep going back and forth from Americans to Sebastapols. I am getting two geese in the spring, and I keep going back and forth on what I want.

Thanks for sharing. I can see why you love your flock!

Ernestine is a Pygmy goat, possibly with some Nigerian in her. here she is with the baby she had in May:
5717214528_2c3a2a6417_z.jpg

I love the Buff geese! They're super sweet, chatty, curious, and a larger size than Sebbies. I wanted ones on the bigger end of the spectrum, and I love the buff color. They keep an eye on things and I feel better leaving them 'in charge' with the flock. Even though they scold my drakes for mating, sometimes
roll.png

Here they are when I put the baby ducks out for the first time:
6060102119_c224d6cca0_b.jpg

just a couple days out of the box:
5544783390_cbd4d1b332_b.jpg

the geese are 8 months old now and just as sweet. no laying yet, but when they're ready they'll have their own little getaway if they need it.

thank you! there aren't many Ancona flocks here in the northeast, it seems.

jbourget I think I wouldn't have waterfowl if we didn't have the pond. And by the way your jacob sheep are stunning
ep.gif

I really like Sebbies, but my hubby doesn't like the look of them...not that that matters....like he said, they will be MY geese, so he doesn't care. He likes a little color, too.... we both really like the looks of the Buffs and Blues....and I have heard nothing but good things about their temperments and dispositions. Gotta decide before spring arrives... running out of time! (LOL....I know, but it WILL be here before we know it!)

Our Anconas were just killed. I am heart broken. We would like to find some more. I am pretty close to you. Maybe we could do business this next year.
Cynthia

Quote:
That's too funny! My American Lavender's are the barnyard morality police! Whenever the ducks start flirting the geese try to put a stop to it by running over there and nipping at them til they quit or find a more private location. Ha Ha Ha
lol.png
I thought that was just MY silly geese!

Back
Top Bottom