My APHA Yearling Playing

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by HenThymes, Jun 22, 2010.

1. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Just thought I would share a few cut photos. This is our yearling colt Pistol playing this his ball a couple of days ago. He tares that thing up, it full of holes. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Well, I had no idea a horse would play with a ball! And he is a beauty too!

3. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I have had a horse that LOVED his Jolly Ball! He would carry that thing around and shake his head with it. They are so funny to watch!

A friend had a stallion that would play basketball in his stall. He had a wall mounted manger and would roll the basket ball up the wall with his nose and put it in the hay manger. Then of course he would get it out and do it all again! Very funny to watch, but I think the poor guy was bored out of his mind.

4. HenThymes

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    He has a green jolly ball in his stall, his favorite thing to do is take it and dump it in his water bucket and play with it in the water! He is such a goof ball.[​IMG]

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Great fun pics of a beautiful colt! Thanks, brightened my day to see Pistol being a pistol! [​IMG]

I got a Jolly Ball for my Lab- he tore it up and had a grand time with it. It would sit out in the rain and fill with water - he'd grab it later and SPLOOSH a wet head. [​IMG] Only Lab I know with webbed toes that hates the water! [​IMG]

6. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    My first stallion had a jolly ball, he loved it, I hated it at least after he learned to throw it and hit me in the back of the head with it anyway....... [​IMG]

I thought about getting Bucket one, but I am afraid he would be deadly with a ball and then learn how to use a bucket as a weapon too.

7. HenThymes

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. bantamamba

bantamamba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Cute pics (and cute colt!)

My gelding loves his ball. [​IMG] One of these days I want to try him with one of those really large ones.

9. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:[​IMG]

That's just what happens too...either a flying bucket or one of my has gotten real good at tossing the large rubber floor feed pans. Gigantic frisbee! They do love their jolly balls, I have never gotten one to last more than a year though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by