My Arabian Horses (Warning: TONS of Pics)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ninjapoodles, May 26, 2008.

1. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    My current "most photogenic" horse is my grey stallion, Victor. He's very showy, but a 20-lb. poodle can whup him. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Victor is the son of the first great horse love of my life, THIS stallion, Montrachet, who passed away year before last at age 25.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Montrachet was also the sire of my fabulous boy Misha, who is the Best Horse In The World, and my all-time favorite. He is my "heart" horse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only mare on the place is the lovely Kate. She's wild as a mustang, but beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This spring, Kate and Victor presented us with THIS little firecracker, as yet unnamed--it's a filly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Beautiful horses one and all!! Why not name the little one Firecracker?

3. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Or since she came from Kate and Victor, how about Kricket? Kind of a joining of the two names...

4. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Cute name ideas! I am horrible about naming horses--you have 6 months to get them registered (without a rate increase), and I usually take about 5 months and 29 days to make up my mind! :eek:

5. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    LOL. What kind of camera do you use? Several of those shots are stunning!

6. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Those are beautiful horses!!! You are so lucky!![​IMG]

7. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I'm not too great, but I have a good camera, and sometimes I get lucky. If the shots are really good, then they were almost certainly taken outdoors, in natural light, using a 70-300 lens, zoomed in to at least 250. The camera is a Sony Alpha-100, which I LOVE, though now I'm jealous of the new 300s, 350s and beyond that Sony just introduced! And I have never once taken the camera off the "auto" setting. Ever. :eek:

The Montrachet pics were taken by a professional equine photographer back in 1981.

Here's another example of my default photographic style: Long lens, set at 180mm, aperture f/4.5, exposure .004 second, or 1/250, ISO speed 200.

[​IMG]

The only reason that I know ANY of those details is because the information gets uploaded with your pic whenever you put one on flickr! I don't even really know what any of it means!

8. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:Thank you! I bred every one of them, so I'm really proud of them. I desperately need to find homes for two of them before winter, so cross your fingers for me.

9. texasreb

texasreb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Lovely horses and great pictures.

10. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Gorgeous horses and cute poodle! ;-) We have a poodle as well...do they EVER get less...er...rambunctious? [​IMG] Zoey is about 8 months old now and has been fixed, but she's as hyper as the day we brought her home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by