1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My art and intro

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Egg Rookie 2010, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    Im new to this forum.....AND I have yet to have chickens on the property. Im waiting anxiously. They arrive Feb 3. I am an artist of sorts. Most of my "models" dont move around all fast like a chicken so I hope I can sit to sketch them. Here are a few sketches I like. And a question too: Should I just upload things I want to share to my page or post here? I havent made a page yet. I am glad to find a forum with other artists/crafts folks cause I really like to share but dont want to feel like Im tooting my own horn! I am an avid gardener, sew (mostly aprons for side $) I did mural work for years but now have small kids and I love to draw and paint. Anyone else?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    WOW........ very nice artwork. Welcome to the world of chickens [​IMG]

3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Beautiful work!

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow! Gorgeous work! and welcome to the forum!

You are definitely more than welcome to post your work here. I think more people would see it that way.

5. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    WOW I love the horses

piecemaker

6. Egg Rookie 2010

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    Thanks for your kind words.[​IMG]

7. Mary Of Exeter

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I'm also loving the avatar picture! I wish I had that variety of colors in my eggs!

8. Egg Rookie 2010

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    Ahhh...Becky....Mary....LOL! That avatar is wishful thinking, self fulfilling prophesy and positive reinforcement! My first chickies are coming and I ordered a "bouquet" of birds that I hope will give me such a pretty basket!

9. Mary Of Exeter

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Ah [​IMG] Well you picked a good picture! I'm hoping I can find an assortment like that as well (preferably locally but you know, that probably won't happen, LOL)

10. Egg Rookie 2010

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    So dumb that Belt Hatchery is only a few miles from here but wont sell to me! They sell to two local feed stores but I CANT get the birds I wanted from them...they order like 2 types of birds and thats it. So I ordered from Ideal out of TX and am hoping for good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by