MY ASEEL WING IS BROKEN LIKE FALLEN DOWN HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DoNzRaDz, Aug 9, 2014.

1. DoNzRaDz

DoNzRaDz New Egg

Aug 9, 2014
    I took him out of the coop, to give him some food and then I realized that why is his wings like that. This Aseel is like a baby size around 4-5 months old grown. I bandaged his dislocated area like the bone part but I don't really know what to do with him. [​IMG] it's very upsetting he was my home breed and this happened. I will get pics of him ASAP but can anyone help me or give me tips please. The vet is very ignorant about poultry and they don't really care plus it's price is a fortune to bandage so can anyone help me ASAP will really appreciate as I'm very worried. He broke his wings in the night but today lunch time I saw his wings are broken. [​IMG]please help me my lil son was crying he loved him to his heart and now this shock happened :(

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Where is the wing broken? Closer to the tip or more near where it attaches? Or is it just dislocated? A dislocation may be able to be reset if it has not be to long. I frequently see dislocations at the joint where the wing connects to the body. We usually attempt to pop the bone back in and bandage the wing to the body.

If it is broken, you don't want to manipulate it too much. If it is not an open break (no torn skin) this is good. If it is an open break, especially of a pneumatic bone (a bone with an air space that connects with the respiratory system - the humerus is the major one in the wing) the prognosis may be worse as infection can enter the body this way.

If it is not an open break, I would not fret too much and I would gently wrap a bandage around the body and then around the wing to secure the wing firmly (firm but not too tight) to the body. This will stabilize and allow the wing to heal. It may not heal perfectly, but it should heal enough to let the bird live a normal life. It may just impede flight a bit, which means she may need some lower perches.

Best of luck!

3. DoNzRaDz

DoNzRaDz New Egg

Aug 9, 2014
    His a male quite young and I will show u a pic tomoro so u can see. But an example would be [​IMG]

HOWEVER THIS CHICKEN IS NOT MINE I WILL TAKE A UPDATED PIC BUT FOR TIME BEING HE IS BANDAGE UP BUT THE WINGS IS LIKE THAT FALLING DOWN [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by