my aunt just passed away

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Keene's coop, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Keene's coop

Keene's coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    and i am so mad at her. if she would have just went to the doctor like i told her too on sunday, she'd still be here. about 3 weeks ago, she was walking out to the car and her 2 dogs accidentally knocked her to the ground and got a huge gash on her knee. she had to go to the er cuz the cut was super deep. she got stitches. this past sunday, she told me her knee was infected and it looked pretty bad. she didn't want to go to the dr cuz she can't afford another hospital bill. she also has other health issues that really affected her health. the corner looked at her doctors chart with her health issues and thinks that the infection in her knee is what killed her. he thinks the infection affected the other health issues she had and her body couldn't handle it. he'll know for sure after the autopsy. we almost lost her about a year ago. i am so mad at her for leaving me. we talked every week, sometimes twice a week and we would be on the phone for 2-3 hours at a time every time. she was the only person in my family i could talk to. now i have no one. she put this stupid infection off for too long. and now my husband is out of town and i'm all alone.

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]
    I know it isn't exactly the same, but you can still talk to her-my dad passed 4 years ago and I still talk to him-I know he can hear me.

3. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    I'm sorry for your loss. It was just her time to go...

4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    [​IMG]

5. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Hey Keene, been there, done that. The first stage is anger, so your doing fine. I'll say a prayer for you. When my 18 year old daughter died in a wreck, I didn't think I could get through it. She was the baby of five. None of us thought we could get through it as we were all close. The only thing that "helped" was when I decided I better start reading the bible. I started at Genesis and read one chapter a night (yeah I still felt crappy, what have you), it sustained me. It gave me strength to go on another day. It took me about two years to begin to accept it. [​IMG] Keep your chin up! I know its easier said than done. I still have some bad moments (like now around Christas, and her B'day), but I always go back to God, just asking him to give me strength. You will be in my prayers. God Bless![​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I know how you feel, the first time my mom had breast cancer she was very upbeat. When it came back 11 years later and had spread she just gave up. When she died I was furious with her, I felt she would have been okay if she had fought it. It took me a long time till I got over it. I've been told anger is usually the first thing loved ones feel., it's one of the steps of grief. Then you go thru sadness and eventually acceptance.- if doesn't have to be in that order.
    I talked to my mom alot after she passed, and explained why I was so mad at her. It helped me get thru it - because the anger always is about some loved one "leaving" and we aren't ready to let them go.My mom probably felt she had suffered enough and just wanted the peace of passing on. She's been gone 13 1/2 years already but, I find I mention her alot - little things, like I'll say to my brother "Ma's favorite tree just bloomed." Or in the store I tell a friend "Oh my mom would have loved those red roses." My siblings don't seem to bring her up often but, I am comforted by it.
    You'll find a comfort level too, and someday smile or laugh when you think what she would have said to you in daily situations. Since she had other health concerns before the fall, she also may have been to a point where she wasn't totally aware of how badly the infection could jeopardize her health. I'm sure you will find compassionate people on this forum , if you cannot find them anywhere else.
    Please accept my condolences on the death of your mom. I am sorry.

7. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG]

8. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    So sorry to hear this news. I will be thinking of you.

9. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I am so sorry about your aunt. It makes it harder because she was your best friend as well. Sending hugs.[​IMG]

10. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    It makes me stop and think how fragile life really is, and as they say we are not promised tomorrow only today. i lost my favorite sister in law Sunday . She was in poor health, diabetic and on dialisis but still getting around. She was left alone for only 2 hrs, when her son came back home and found his mom dead. She was only 55. Last Sept my brother died { her husband } so my 2 nephew lost their dad and mom in the last 13 mths. so sad. I am sorry for your loss, but please don't blame her, think of her as an angel watching over you now, and we could all use a little help now and then. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by