My Australian Cattle Dog

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Everyone else always posts such nice pictures of their cattle dogs. I found this one going through an old facebook album and wanted to show ya'll! He's a red/blue...kind of leggy for a cattle dog, but he was bred and raised on an old style dairy farm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

NICE! How long have you had him? They are such tough dogs and love their owners! I love my heeler (ACD)! Check my sig line- can you tell?
    [​IMG]

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Handsome boy!!

My girl is 10 and spoiled rotten.
    [​IMG]

Backpacking in SC

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  4. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    She's beauty Buster! I've always wanted a blue...I'm surprised my dad didn't go for the blue when we were choosing our puppy! Dalton's a good dog though. He sure can be a pain sometimes, but the way he takes care of the livestock outside makes up for it all!

I think Dalton is about seven now. Gradually, he's beginning to slow down a bit. He can't run all day long like he used to, but he still comes close! During the summer he spends his days outside chasing the horses and guarding the birds. During the winter he gets a bath and comes inside. His intelligence ALWAYS amazes me. He does something new every day!

ETA: I do have better pictures of him, but they are on my other computer. I will be sure to upload them when I go back to college in a few days!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Looking forward to more pics!

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

What part of NJ Chickerdoodle? I grew up in Millville but am lost in NC these days. What college are you going too?

7. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    CoyoteMagic,

I'm actually in Northern NJ, in a little town called Hope. Dunno if you've ever heard of the Land of Make Believe, but I live a few minutes away from that theme park. I'm maybe about 10 minutes or so from the delaware water gap and an hour west of Paramus.

I think Millville is fairly close to my college though. I'm going to the Richard Stockton College of NJ in Pomona, NJ. It' about a ten minute drive west of Atlantic city. I've actually met several people from my college who are from Millville, so I assume it is nearby.

NJ is ok, but I'm hoping to attend med school in a different state. I want to stretch my wings and see where I end up! I figure I might as well do that before I get kicked into the "real world"! LOL

8. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    I think this will probably be my next breed. I have always really liked the ACD's but my first love the Pembroke Welsh Corgis. I think I like both of these breeds because of the attitudes. [​IMG]

9. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I know where the Land of Make Believe is. Went there as a kid. Stockton is about 45 min from Millville. It's a very good school. I almost when there but decided to do my first 2 years at a Cumberland County and then went to Arizona State.

10. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Once you have an Aussie you will never go back to anything else.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by