My Awesome Neighbors!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bessie1994Snider, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Bessie1994Snider

Bessie1994Snider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Today they brought me over a box of fresh fruit for my chickens. [​IMG] They don't actually live beside me its just their business but, they are just awesome!!! They said if we ever need anyone to watch the chickens or anything else just ask!!! [​IMG]

2. Happycowdog

Happycowdog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2010
    Tipp City, Ohio
    Sweet!

3. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    how wonderful! It's nice to hear about good neighbors after hearing so much about bad ones..

4. Bessie1994Snider

Apr 9, 2010
    Yeah their amazing they have chickens and are always coming over to check in on mine. I'm lucky to have them my other neighbors are horrid but that just makes me appreciate the Joes more (their both named joe [​IMG] )

5. Quailbuddy

Quailbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    I just got six chickens and now my neighbors on both sides of me love chickens so much they are getting chickens too ! We have chicken Fever !! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Wow, what awesome neighbors! [​IMG]

7. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Hooray for the 2 Joe's! I wish there were more of them to go around.

I'm still trying to get my neighbors to raise chickens! No such luck...yet.

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I was giving a dozen eggs to my awesome neighbors closest to my back yard once the girls started laying. (My landlady's house is on one side, there's an open pasture of her property on the other side, and neighbors to the back of my yard. I do keep my landlady in eggs, and she is absolutely awesome too.) Some other neighbors are off to one side of the open pasture section of the lot, so they're not next to MY yard, plus they keep a chihuahua on a CHAIN in their yard and leave her outside far too much. So no eggs for them.

Anyway, first the awesome neighbors swore they didn't hear my rooster. Then they said "if" they heard him, they didn't mind his crowing.

They asked questions about the different chickens, about the coops they saw me build, and commented with surprise that there was a limit to the number of chickens one could keep here. ("Whose business is it of anybody's, anyway? Government could sure pay attention to a whole lot of other things, instead!") Wow.

They love the mixture of colors in each dozen eggs. The lady of the house wanted to know which hen laid which eggs. (I consider that positive reinforcement and a great question!) Then, as I handed the third carton of a dozen eggs over the fence to her, she asked if I had thought about selling them. Oh, I do - to people at work.

"How much?" Three bucks a dozen. "Okay," said she, "I'll pay you that for these. I'd like to get a dozen every week, too."

Oh, no, I WANT to give you eggs, for being so accommodating about Carl's crowing!

"No, I planned on paying you as much as 5 dollars for a dozen eggs, since I usually pay close to that for brown eggs that aren't anywhere near as good as these."

I put a dozen eggs in a carton into a bag and hang it on their side of the fence every Sunday. She returns the previous week's carton with three dollars, hung back on my side of the fence.

Sometimes she leaves six bucks, which means she'd like TWO dozen the next week. Sometimes she includes a nice bouquet of home-grown lavender tied with a pretty ribbon. How's that for awesome????

9. Bessie1994Snider

Apr 9, 2010
    I wish everybody had chicken fever !!!!
    Muggsmagee- I hope your neighbor does get chickens its great to be able to talk to some one about chickens only chickens [​IMG]
    gryeyes- Wow she sounds eggcelent!!!

10. Quailbuddy

Quailbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    Quote:Hooray for the 2 Joe's! I wish there were more of them to go around.

I'm still trying to get my neighbors to raise chickens! No such luck...yet.

Yes i know we are thrilled to have such great neighbors. [​IMG] But i know not as many people have the opportunity to have chickens or their chickens are illegal so GOOD LUCK to everyone out there trying to pass those city ordinances [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by