MY AYAM CEMANI LAYING NOW?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by eggone, Jan 22, 2016.

1. eggone

eggone Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2015
    Hello. .I'm new here so I hope I got this in the right place. My ayam cemani are laying like fools...does anyone else have them laying now?I've been hatching them but it seems like it's a weird time to be:( getting eggs. .thanks:(

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Ayam cemanis are amazing!

I think El ninyo is throwing some chickens off their cycle because of the warm weather. I had a hen hatch out chicks a few weeks ago because it was warm and now its around 10 F. They may also lay more if they have a heat light or white light set up which makes them think it is spring. Pullets that have just begin laying are more likely to lay at odd times as well.

I hope this answers your question. [​IMG]

You're lucky, our hens were laying practically zero eggs a few weeks ago and are just now starting up.

3. austrolover1

austrolover1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2015
    Welcome to BYC!!!! [​IMG]

4. eggone

Dec 15, 2015
    Thank you. Maybe it's is the weird weather..my black coppers Marans are kicking in too. .can't hatch them all and sure can't eat them all. Lol.

5. eggone

Dec 15, 2015
    Thank you!

6. eggone

Dec 15, 2015
    And yes. Ayam are definitely neat chickens. They have a wild instinct like my java peafowl but once they know you they are quiet interesting.mine give me heck fit taking the eggs or from under them. Lol. .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by