My b/bl/spl Plymouth Rocks

halo

Got The Blues
14 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Got some pictures today (what a gorgeous day!!!) of my rocks. Mr. B wouldnt cooperate for a new portrait, kept hiding behind the girls. Ill work on him a little later.

First off some pics I took of my splash, blue, and black hens. I have 2 splash, 2 blues, and 2 blacks. Only one splash and one blue is laying right now.

340370645.jpg

340370652.jpg

340370705.jpg

340370728.jpg

340372335.jpg

These are 2 splash roos Im growing out. Im thinking about keeping one and setting up a pen with a splash roo and barred girls, that way all the babies will be blue. These guys are pretty young yet.

340370740.jpg

And a couple of shots of Mr. B's oldest babies. They are a little hard to get good shots of yet; they all stay in the chicken house and don't venture out yet.

340370633.jpg

Last edited:
Hi! I think that the first time I've seen pics of your splash, blue, and black Rock hens. They are beautiful!!
The splash boys look pretty sharp, too!

The 10 chicks from Mr. B are doing great and growing like little weeds. I had to separate them from the Silkie and Modern Game chicks hatched same day --- they play too rough.
They are 10 days today.
Not sure if it's just wishful thinking, but one of the solid blue chicks has a different comb than the other solid chicks. Looks suspiciously more like the comb on the 'head-spot' chicks.
Have you noticed your girl-chicks combs are smaller and darker at that young age?

smile.png

Lisa

Last edited:
Nice birds. Its good to see someone working on the Plymouth Rocks in those varieties. Not to many of you out there. Keep up the great work!

Your birds are sooo gorgeous that every time I see new pictures, I start wondering where I could put another pen! sigh. They are just incredible birds!

Congratulations on such a stunning flock!

big_smile.png

Thanks everyone. They are just so nice to have around, too. Give me a lot of joy, they really do.

Lisa, I wouldnt be surprised if that were a roo. The boys do get combs a lot quicker than girls. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you!

Back
Top Bottom