1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My "B-Day Buffs"... 1st attempt at hatching shipped eggs !!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Suellyn, May 8, 2009.

1. Suellyn

Suellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    I am so excited, I finally went & got a set of *MUCH WANTED* buff orpington eggs from Hinkjc, who's birds I have been drooling over for months...

I ordered 6, but she sent 2 extras [​IMG] , so have 8 total. They arrived yesterday afternoon in perfect condition thanks to the packing, I let them settle overnight and popped them into the 'bator early this morning...

Which, by the way, was my birthday gift to myself [​IMG] !! Figured it was a good way to start my day AND my new year/age!!!

Wish me luck, [​IMG] , I know these are "top notch eggs" as far as fertility, etc., goes, *BUT* one never knows what they may have endured via shipping... If I at least get a couple sweet hens out of this hatch, I will be VERY happy!

My little "Broody Hen" DD Sami is already talking to them...
    [​IMG]

2. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Sending you positive hatching vibes! [​IMG]

3. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY. [​IMG] [​IMG] and good luck hatching. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. kysilkies

kysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Happy birthday!

My wife bought our first batch for my birthday also, expecting 27th or 28th!

5. Suellyn

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    Thanks, all!!

Quote:When was your b-day? 6th or 7th? [​IMG] ??

I guess my expected hatch date is May 29th... the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. This is actually my 2ond batch, but I picked up my 1st batch, they were not shipped, so am QUITE nervous about these guys!!

How many & what kind of eggs do you guys have?? What kind of incubator? I have an LG still air..

6. kysilkies

kysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Elizabethtown, KY
    My b-day is the 28th and I'd like to share it with them! :)

7. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Yea! What a great way to celebrate your birthday! Congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful hatch! [​IMG]

I have eggs under a broody hen that are set to hatch right around the same time as yours. WooHoo! [​IMG]

8. Suellyn

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    Quote:[​IMG] very cool! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by