My babes taking a swim in the new pool

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by jandmeg07, Jun 16, 2008.

1. jandmeg07

jandmeg07 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Cheboygan, MI
    Here are my sweeties in their new pool having a ball! I couldn't wait to share.
    [​IMG][/img]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

What are those? Are they hookbills? Oh & they are cute, BTW....[​IMG]

Just make sure you keep a close eye on them...without feathering they can & will drown when they become weighted down with water.

I lost a muscovy (one month old) that way a few summers ago. [​IMG] She got in & couldn't get out of the pool. I now don't let my babies have any access to ponds or pools until they are fully feathered & as an extra precaution, I put in some large rocks & a log so they have something to climb out on if they want to or they become tired. I also keep the water level very high in there.

3. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    [​IMG] They look adorable! So CUTE! I just want to pick them up and squeeze them.

Enjoy your babies.

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Man, I can't wait to get my duck eggs!! LOL They're adorable! Congrats [​IMG]

5. jandmeg07

jandmeg07 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Cheboygan, MI
    Thanks for the comments everyone! [​IMG]

Equibling, we only let them go for about half an hour at a time and with strict supervision (the kids and I sitting in chairs around the pool just in case). I'm a little overprotective. [​IMG] We actually weren't sure what they were when we got them from the feed and seed. I posted pics on here shortly after we got them and the concensus was that our boy Desi is a Pekin and Lucy is a Rouen. Whatever they are, they are cute as the dickens and we are enjoying them. Thanks for the advice! [​IMG]

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Yup--I'm overprotective too--especially after I learned the hard way about them drowning! They are cute! Keep us updated with pics when they grow up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by