1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My babies, any direct ideas on the mixes?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by missred871, Dec 22, 2010.

1. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    HERE is what I KNOW:
    The ladies and gentlemen (mommy and daddy ducks) are as follows:
    2 chocolate runners (1 male 1 female pure bred)
    1 chocolate runner/swedish/rowen mix (male)
    4 swedish rowen mix hens
    2 pekin females 1 pekin male
    1 swedish/rowen/runner boy hes black with a white bibb but stands like a pure runner so I am thinking he is possibly more runner than anything else.

This is my 2nd hatch from the ducks the first hatch produced one pekin girl and the last runner you see above.

[​IMG]

ETA: Several of them stand like runners a few of the yellow and most of the black and yellows. Some have a brown tinge and one looks a lot like a rowen, I am thinkin it may end up being one of the swedish rowens mixed with the pekin.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

They are just too cute. I love the white with the small colored bits on them.

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Some of those babies look like a Welsh harlequin or Appleyard pattern!! Not to sure what they will end up like because of the parentage- but they are all gorgeous!

4. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:well I am thinking those are gonna end up looking more rowen when they are grown up. I believe one might be male possibly which would lead to a green head.... not really sure though I havent hatched any since I added all the swedes to the flock so it should be interesting LMAO

5. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Another Picture of the babies in question

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by