My babies are beautiful

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by donnamay, Oct 20, 2013.

1. donnamay

donnamay Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2013
    Well I got my 15 week old chickens (3 of them) four and a half weeks ago. I wanted chickens that were more pets than anything else. I started picking them up straight away as I knew they were a few weeks from laying. They settled in quite well and started sitting when I came near them and drumming their little feet. I must admit I spoiled them rotten and they got lots of tidbits, Bread, meal worms, yogurt, veges and fruit. I have given them everything. Well about a week and a half ago one started laying, they all started laying a few days later. I am getting 1 egg from each of them daily and have even gotten 2 eggs from one in a day. They seem happy, spoilt and I am enjoying every minute with them.

2. aliciasimon

aliciasimon Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2013
    Love your post. I'm having so much fun raising chickens too. It's more fun than I thought it would be. They never fail to make me smile or laugh at least once day. Welcome to BYC!

3. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

You will LOVE them. But beware of "Chicken Math" Look it up if you haven't heard of it.

RobertH

4. donnamay

Oct 7, 2013
    They really are beautiful. I am amazed at how much personality they have. My husband is in a wheelchair so things can be hard. I couldnt have any other animals and the chickens are just great. They certainly bring a bit of sunshine to my day

5. donnamay

Oct 7, 2013
    I did look it up and had a little laugh. You are right. I would love for them to multiply but my husband is in a wheelchair and it took two months to convince him that 3 was fair in our little back yard. I am looking at making a bigger coop though Lol.

6. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Our neighbor is too, and they have 6 sheep, 4 ducks, 13 chickens and 6 turkeys.

RobertH

7. donnamay

Oct 7, 2013
    Obviously they have big back yards in South Carolina. Im in Australia in a small city plot so not much room. Although my parents own 100 acres. They have emus,Kangaroos, Wallabys, Echidnas and lizards does that count. Lol.

8. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Welcome donnamay.[​IMG]. Before long they will be sitting up on the wheelchair with your hubby. A word of caution though, chicken poop sticks to wheels[​IMG].

9. donnamay

Oct 7, 2013
    they would too. But hubby wouldnt let them. Im afraid he isnt as enamoured as I am with my beautiful girls.

10. donnamay

Oct 7, 2013
    they would too. But hubby wouldnt let them. Im afraid he isnt as enamoured as I am with my beautiful girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by