My babies are being laid this week!

keeperofthehearth

Songster
12 Years
Nov 3, 2007
podunk... I mean Wabash, IN
woot.gif
I am soooo excited!!! I have my order in for new peeps to be shipped April 9th!!!!! I am getting: 10 Barnevelder pullets, 3 Maran pulllets and 4 Dark Brahma pullets. This will double my current flock!
ya.gif
Plus my DH just said tonight "well, we should have 2 Barred Rock"! We have a broody who needs to be broken. She's been on the nest for 3 wks now and last time stayed on till we broke her. We're trying to decide wheather to pick up two peeps fm TSC next week when they have their Chick Days and see if she will mother them. That's another wk and a half away though. We also may just pick some up right when our order comes in and let them all brood together. Decisions, Decisions!!!
gig.gif

To top all this off, my DH agreed to clear out our large shed (10'X20'X?you need a ladder to reach the lights)and with some renovation expand our current chicken coop and run.
wee.gif
Right now our coop and enclosed run (we also have a large restricted outdoor area) is the converted lean to attatched to the side of the shed. It has worked for us but is low enough that you can't quiet stand up straight in it. I've forgotten enough times and bashed my head against the ceiling... ouch!!!! We can cut a opening/doorway from inside the enclosed run staight into the shed. This is going to give all these sweet chickens of mine a much roomier place to spend the winter and rainy days. Plus I will have room to store all the chicken stuff, brood, hospital space, etc. We will put the little ones out there first once they are feathered out and renovate on and off through the summer getting it insulated etc. before winter hits. Once our new girls are POL we can open the whole thing up to the complete flock.
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Okay here it goes:

-5 BLRW str run
-5 Silver sebrights str run
-5 Gold polishes str run
-3 Blue cochin hens
-1 black cochin roo
-3 barred rock hens
-1 barred rock roo

big_smile.png

Ooooooh, Nice assortment! I'd love some BLRW someday. I'd love a banty cochin hen one day but . . . SIGH!!!!!! I saw a little cochin hen w/babies at a swap last year and I wanted her soooooo bad. She was the cutiest little thing w/ her teeny tiny peeps BUT DH reminded me we were looking for EE's that would lay tinted eggs NOT a cute little thing that would not lay decent sized eggs . . . "where would we put her?"
big_smile.png
Ahhh the addiction! Never enough!!
gig.gif

Good luck and enjoy your new peeps!!!!!

Yeah!, me personaly never got to enjoy a
broody before and experience it and I read that these two breeds go broody
OFTEN, as well as silkies which im getting a dozen
eggs of from a local breed (I know ADDICTION) I would
like to get some Buff orp eggs later in the year.

Back
Top Bottom